View Single Post
Old 11-25-2020, 04:29 PM   #45
Evil Roy Slade

Default Re: How big is yours?

Good Lord. A touch over two gigs of GURPS and a daunting eighty gigs of gaming material (some boardgame stuff in there, but a good 90% must be RPGs).

I am surrounded by ~500 linear feet of shelves of gaming stuff. Weird to think I considered myself over it when I was eighteen or so and sold pretty much all of it at a yard sale. It's all come back and it has brought friends.

Almost all I have in the way of RPGs from before the Great Purge were a couple of things that still interested me -- the relatively new Call of Cthulhu, as I as still running a campaign of that, my original AD&D Fiend Folio (Cthulhu and Melnibonean mythoi intact), but I chose to sell off a 1st edition DM Guide that Gary Gygax had autographed for me a year or two earlier.

One unusual survivor: I had lent my original Runequest softcover to my pal Larry, and forgotten I had done so; he in turn forgot he had it. He discovered it in a box after a move and returned to me somewhat sheepishly, as he had borrowed it when we were about seventeen and we were about fifty when it came back.

I felt like a WWI general looking over the horrendous casualty lists from sending the company over the top yesterday when he looks up to see a corporal who had snuck away to canoodle with a farmer's daughter an hour before the raid was announced. He should be charged for being AWOL, but just seeing him alive overrides any negative consequences.
Evil Roy Slade is offline   Reply With Quote