Old 03-18-2008, 02:07 AM   #23
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Default Re: Who's next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel Beth
Two things, I fear.

1) The original lineup had working titles of:
• Peace and Nature, with Eli, Novalis, Jordi, and Christopher.
• Pillars and Wildcards, with Janus, Jean, Marc, Litheroy, and Zadkiel.

2) The mechanics of e23 both permit and reward one-Superior e-books.
• They're faster to organize (requiring only one author, though of course more can join forces (see Asmodeus)).
• Faster to playtest.
• Faster to lay out.
• Allow players and game masters to cherry-pick their favorites first. (Though I hope, of course, that they'll go back and get everyone eventually.)

Unless the POD status for IN changes drastically, I don't think there will be any more combined books like the first four were. (And, considering the page count issues, I actually have no problem with that.) As the first
four go out of print, I will suggest breaking them up into singletons, too -- though I don't know if that will be considered a good use of e23-staff's time, so they may continue to be collections, at that.

EDIT: *beth gives robkelk an Essence cookie* O:>
Fair enough. I was just wandering through the Vale of Dreams for a bit. I confess to preferring dead-tree editions (they're a lot more handy in a power outage), but I certainly understand the economics behind the e23 decisions. All the same, if you guys decide to go back and do those remaining Superiors combined books, I'll be in line with a credit card and a smile.

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote