View Single Post
Old 07-12-2019, 03:14 PM   #223
Proteus

Default Re: The 2019 Digital W23 Speculation and Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refplace View Post
So I expect news on Kromm's last writing project soon, either out (probably next month) or that rumored Kickstarter to be formally announced soon.
I don't think Kromm and the production crew work quite that fast; probably he's started a piece because they see an upcoming "hole" in the publication schedule.

Assuming one piece per month (which I'd rather not do, but which seems like the safe bet until the rhythm consistently changes), I suspect that July, August, and September will see, not necessarily in this order, Template Toolkit 2, MH Power-Ups 1, and Sorcery: Sound Spells. The new DFRPG Kickstarter probably fits in there someplace, too, but on a somewhat separate track.

SE: Keeping in Contact is in final-draft editing; the time to publication from that stage seems to be at least two to three months (assuming it already has an editor!), so it could come out in October, or maybe it's a bit slower and that's the target slot intended for Kromm's latest tidbit. I wonder which corner of Dungeon Fantasy (or something else) he's exploring right now?

Though HT: Electricity and Electronics has reached final-draft status, it's moderately long for layout and might have received some budget for new art (hoped-for crossover potential?). That could further delay the process, so I'm envisioning it further out than the others (a bunch of toys for Christmas?), though I'd love to be wrong. And the only other products that are known to be at all advanced along the pipeline are the just-now-playtested Disasters: Hurricane and...

Quote:
That Vehicles project should be from Phil Masters. Wonder what era or type it will cover?
Good question! He's already done Steampunk Conveyances, though I suppose there could always be more in that vein. Steampunk spaceships? Or could it be vehicles for Transhuman Space, another topic for which he's known?

I rather doubt it's vehicles for Discworld or Castle Falkenstein -- though he could have written up some less fantastical, more historical Victorian transportation, like their bewildering variety of carriages or an assortment of railway cars. Or, of course, it might be something completely unanticipated. Chanteuses' Zambonis?

Further behind the veil, we've got David Pulver's two-parter (already in rough draft for a month?), Christopher Rice's SNO-51 (with rough draft to be delivered in August), and a DF setting I suspect is by Matt Riggsby. But who knows? That's all probably for 2020.