View Single Post
Old 08-03-2018, 08:59 AM   #21
Jim Kane
Banned

Default Re: Sell Me on The Fantasy Trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolenkar View Post
I would just point out two things that I thought were important with creating a great TFT experience back in the early 80's (and I think are still relevant):

Easy to learn:
Thank you, thank you, thank you so very much for using the adjective "Easy", as opposed to "simple". TFT was a masterpiece of inspiration and innovation for it's time; and there was nothing *simple* about that.

Easy, as in: "Easy-to-Learn" accurately befits the dignity and status of the game, the brilliance of the basic design, and the author; whereas, *Simple* carries with it a one-dimensional limitation which always bothers me when I see or hear it employed in reference to The Fantasy Trip.

Here is what Easy actually means: "achieved without great effort; presenting few difficulties." - that sounds like TFT to me.

Comparatively, here is the additional dimensional quality of "simple", which "easy" does not possess: "composed of a single element; not compound." - and to me, that is *not* TFT.

I know it's not a big deal, and for most people did not score 800 on the verbal section of the SAT it is even less of a big deal; but nonetheless, I grind my teeth every time I see the word: "simple", employed in the description of TFT.

My dentist and I *thank you* for the using the phrase: "Easy-to-Learn".

Simply yours,

JK
Jim Kane is offline   Reply With Quote