Thread: Inobvious Magic
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2018, 06:49 AM   #7
Jim Kane
Banned

Default Re: Inobvious Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Bofinger View Post
I think there's more to this idea than magicians being overt. I'm talking about magic where the magician can't easily prove he's doing anything, even if the magician wants to prove they are useful. I think it would make a good kind of magic for a shaman, or maybe a priest. I wonder if it's worth making a system that works like this, and how it would work. Any thoughts?
David, you thoughts about potential rules for an *inobvious* magic system, seems to be dove-tailing nicely with a thought JLV shared with us on another thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLV View Post
As far as role-playing goes, I think it would be VERY interesting to play a character who has little opportunity to directly attack an enemy, but who, at the same time, can indirectly manipulate things to ensure that enemy is defeated before the first arrow flies. Besides, as we've pointed out in other places on this forum, building and running TFT characters is so easy that there's no reason why you can't have one of each kind.
Perhaps the two of you should try working together on this one?

You're both bright guys, easy and fun to work with, and seem to be sharing the same wave-length on this very interesting topic. Who knows, you two might make a good team for this concept.

I, for one, would be quite interested to read what you two might cook up together as a rough-draft on this unexplored area of TFT.

JK

Last edited by Jim Kane; 06-04-2018 at 07:43 AM.
Jim Kane is offline   Reply With Quote