View Single Post
Old 03-08-2019, 09:34 AM   #6
whswhs

Default Re: High Skill Levels

I don't run campaigns with characters who have skill-24. Oh, in principal, such a character might exist in the background of the world somewhere. But there would be no more than a handful, and PCs wouldn't be likely to run into them. And most of my campaigns don't allow high enough point budgets for PCs to BE them. (The one that did had PCs who put a lot of points into superpowers instead.)

But if such a character existed, I would figure that they were a unique genius and were working on projects of their own. They might be Leonardo, painting La Gioconda and designing war machines. Or Shakespeare, writing plays for the Mermaid. Or John von Neumann, up to his eyebrows in higher mathematics and war research. Or if they were seamsters, they'd be making dresses for royalty or billionaires. They wouldn't get their money from high volume of output, but from unusual projects; and they wouldn't be primarily motivated by money, unless their skill-24 were in Finance or Merchant or something, so they wouldn't have extraordinary wealth, though they'd almost surely be well off.

I don't think we're in Oz any more.
whswhs is online now   Reply With Quote