Thread: Swarm of ravens
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2009, 05:34 PM   #1
Seamonster

Default Swarm of ravens

As a GM, I am developing an ability option for a player that creates a murder of ravens that attack foes much like the druid's ability in Diablo II: LoD. As suggested in Powers, p. 41, I am using an Innate Attack with Area Effect, Homing, Mobile, and Persistent, and I have a few questions:

1. As I understand the rules for homing attacks, I need to first take a second to "lock on" (Aim maneuver), then another second to "launch" or "summon" the ravens (Ready maneuver). Can I take a level of Reduced Time to have the character both Aim and Ready in one second, since it's not really an attack (the ravens attack on their own with Homing)?

2. I am requiring an Animal Handling (Birds) roll on the Ready maneuver to "activate" the summon, since the Innate Attack skills don't seem right. Is this okay? And what if the PC has the Speak with Animals trait? Can he get a bonus to his roll or even Ready instantly from that advantage?

3. I want the murder of ravens to surround the PC in the Area Effect radius rather than go out on their own. Should I replace Mobile with Emanation?

4. With an area effect of 4 yards and Homing, will the ravens attack everything in a 4 yard radius including allies? Should I add Selective Area? What about Bombardment?

Thanks in advance. It's been years since I've picked up my GURPS books, so I'm very rusty on the rules.
Seamonster is offline   Reply With Quote