View Single Post
Old 07-02-2019, 09:35 PM   #204
Plane

Default Re: A Challenger Appears! Green versus Red

failed my HT roll to get AP back.

It sounds like you used a Move maneuver?

It occurs to me that strangely, I know how to incorporate a leap into a Move and Attack, but am unsure if it could be incorporated into a basic Move as well. It would seem strange if you could only do flying leaps the end of a trot only while attacking and not while simply moving...

I guess if it flew 13 instead of 36, then instead of 31 yards behind you it should be 8 yards behind you. Moving 2 yards toward it, it is not 6 yards away, so to spot it I think you would probably make a Perception roll (your IQ 10, reduced to 9 because of fatigue) penalized by 6 yards on the speed/range table (-3 for 7 yards, rounded up) and also penalized by the size modifier of the shoe. Since shoes are the size of feet, I figure -4 would make sense?

So the total penalty of -7 on IQ 9 means your modified skill is 2. Since you need a 3 to attempt it, you can't manage to spot a shoe that is 18 feet away from you. You would've had a slim (skill 3) chance of doing so had there been no IQ penalty from fatigue.

There should probably be things someone could do to enhance their chances, like maybe giving a bonus to Perception if taking a Concentrate maneuver dedicated to searching for something? Not sure where to find rules on that. An even bigger bonus for an "All-Out Concentrate" (no defenses) of course.

It would also make sense to give "extra time" bonuses for someone trying to spend more time looking competently for something than trying to glance it in 1 second.

I'll give you a basic +1 if you want to switch your "One Foe" from me to the shoe. Without doing that, even with your back turned it will be assumed that you are still trying to focus on your enemy to some degree.

another AOD:double, free step towards you, narrowing to 4 yards

(thinking heavily about spending 2 AP to move 2 yards toward you but it just doesn't seem like a good deal)
Plane is offline   Reply With Quote