View Single Post
Old 07-01-2019, 07:35 AM   #203
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: A Challenger Appears! Green versus Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plane View Post
Eh? Now's my turn to correct, seems Flying Attack adds no distance at all right now so it's back to reach 3 for Evaluate, meaning I can't have done it...
oh, its feet, not yards!

Quote:
I think maybe I should just retcon my previous action as AOD:Double, but in that case I'm going to still step toward you I think.
That works. I still think the evaluate distance rules are silly, but that's not the rules.

Quote:
Well, if they're not 31 yards behind you, I'm not sure how much less it should be :)
I found a projectile calculator and plugged in numbers to get a rough idea of what would be going on. I set the angle the 45 degrees and the height to 5 and fiddled with velocity until I got 36 yards (17.5 m/s). Then I set the height to 0 (attacking my chest) and fiddled with angle until I got 5 yards (4 degrees). Then I set the height back to 5 feet. The shoe should have landed about 13 yards from where you threw it. About. I expect there is at least a 3 yard variance in where it landed. I also need to go back and find out how from there the second shoe is!

Quote:
Facing seems like it ought to be the face, but it doesn't seem to be any part in particular (feet, torso).
I will freely admit I don't know the tactical combat rules well, in particular facing. The face and body will naturally be in motion throughout combat, but saying that you only get 180 degrees of vision that you can track moving targets through is a decent call. Its identifying non-moving targets I'm not sure of.

If you agree that the shoe is more than 2 yards behind red, and that red can tell that via how hard it was thrown that its more than two yards behind him, he will spend 2 AP (8/10 remaining) to turn around (3 MP) and move 2 yards away from green, identifying the location of the shoe!

Green would then be 5 yards away.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote