View Single Post
Old 05-26-2019, 07:45 PM   #4
weevis

Default Re: [DF] how to model time-limited, overchargeable necromancy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedKagouti View Post
My initial instinct was to apply the Maximum Duration limitation from Powers to the Minion enhancement, but the speed at which it expects to operate does not fit this scenario. Unless the undead start rebelling in less than 12 hours.
Maximum Duration does move this in the right direction -- thanks! But it only applies a modifier to the cost. What I'm looking for is some sort of ticking clock. So either there is a secret GM roll for the duration with some modifiers on it (like an affliction?), or perhaps after each set interval of time there is a roll to lose control -- and it gets harder (like the recurring radiation poisoning rolls that reduce attributes every time?).

Maximum Duration also only handles one of the two parts of my problem. More powerful undead also need to be possible, but adding power should accelerate the clock toward turning against the summoner.

As to the timing, I don't need to treat the novels as canon. I *do* think in fact it is pretty fast in the books. Which as a GM is good for gameplay in my view as it adds an interesting dimension to necromancy.

Thanks for brainstorming this with me.
weevis is offline   Reply With Quote