View Single Post
Old 10-13-2017, 03:50 PM   #6
Cowrie

Default Re: Elemental Creation Questions

Thanks for all the advice! As of right now, I'm just statting up some world-building for fun, so munchkin players aren't a huge issue. Also, upon further reflection, seeing as I'm not giving any of the other races particular protection against energy associated with their element, it's probably unbalanced to give Salamanders too much DR against fire-based attacks. However, they should still be capable of dealing with environmental magma and fire. How much do you think a limitation on DR, Accessibility, Only Against Environmental Hazards, should be worth?

As far as accompanying Temperature Tolerance, considering that the amount of Temperature Tolerance needed to be comfortable in magma as well as higher end human comfort zone is beyond excessive in point cost (over 150 points for a HT 10 race), do you think it would be fair to use Resistance to model an immunity to extremes of heat in the sense of their forcing HT rolls and fatigue? And if so, what rarity would you place that at?

On the topic of the lower end of Salamander comfort zone, they have Cold-Blooded, stiffening below 65 degrees F, and also a Weakness to temperatures below 50 degrees F. The description for Weakness notes intense normal cold as being occasional, but below 50 degrees isn't remotely intense, and I'm not entirely certain if it would be closer to Common or Very Common in rarity. Any thoughts
Cowrie is offline   Reply With Quote