View Single Post
Old 10-13-2017, 01:08 PM   #4
Kelly Pedersen

Default Re: Elemental Creation Questions

On the Flight question, I'd say that the limitation of "Needs wings for propulsion but not staying aloft" is pretty much halfway between Winged and Short Wings. I'd call it -15% if the creature can, even without wings, just "drift" down safely and doesn't need to roll for landing, or -20% if it does need to make a roll to land if its wings are disabled.

A slightly more complicated alternative, but one that might actually save more points, would be to buy down the sylphs' Air Move, but put a mitigator on the disadvantage thus created, of "intact wings", which I'd price at -70%.

For the fire immunity, I think you're going to have to bite the bullet and accept that this simply is going to be an expensive trait, if you want it to apply to fire attacks as well as ambient temperature. I absolutely don't think that Resistant is the right trait to avoid actual damage - for that, you're going to have to pay for Damage Resistance or Injury Tolerance (Damage Reduction). I don't believe you can take the Immunity to Specific Hazard perk and assume that, because it happens to mention Resistant in its description, that it's then balanced to use Resistant to be immune to damage on a larger scale.
Kelly Pedersen is offline   Reply With Quote