View Single Post
Old 08-25-2018, 02:07 PM   #50
Tenex

Default Re: The Woodsman Talent

Quote:
Originally Posted by larsdangly View Post
That is, if a Woodsman is assumed to have a suite of abilities, just say what they are in so many words and leave it at that.
I'd actually be good with a fleshed out Woodsman and no level two. But there are missing abilities, especially camouflage. that should be fleshed out in some woodsy type skill. It seems a bit much to just grant the Woodsman a bunch of extra skills, but maybe not.

However, people, including all the SJG staff, who are arguing against expanding certain skills 'cuz simplicity haven't explained how they can be against an extra level of Woodsman while slavering over UC freakin' 5 and multiple levels of Priest. Priest/Theologian don't even have any articulated abilities in them. Why 2 levels of something with NO actual abilities?

I'm very much for simplicity, but it needs to come with consistency! This new edition is supposed to be about clarifying the rules and eliminating conflicts and inconsistencies while still retaining the simplistic flavor of the original... right? Maybe I'm wrong and there's some other goal. So why so much inconsistency across skills that doesn't seem to be in the works for a fix?

Last edited by Tenex; 08-25-2018 at 02:11 PM.
Tenex is offline   Reply With Quote