View Single Post
Old 08-17-2018, 11:56 PM   #8
rerednaw

Default Re: GURPS DF Dungeons question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalin View Post
I'm currently running Mirror of the Fire Demon with the DFRPG boxed set. I also own most of the GURPS DF PDFs which are helpful for occasional references (mostly professions and spells from GURPS Dungeon Fantasy or GURPS Magic), but you can easily ignore those bits or swap things in from the boxed set. The adventure has an extensive bestiary of its own, which makes things easier.

I have just started reading Tomb of the Dragon King, so I can't comment extensively. I have already noticed, however, that it has many more references to monsters in the GURPS Dungeon Fantasy line. Many of these are also included in the boxed set (or have close corollaries there), but some might be more difficult to match. Again, though, it's pretty easy to just swap monsters for other ones, so I wouldn't say that the DF PDFs are really required.

Also note that both of these adventures include a "Recommended Books" paragraph at the beginning that list the specific titles that are helpful.
Which books have the monsters? And which recommended books (as they are not mentioned in the product description in w23.) please?