View Single Post
Old 07-16-2016, 09:12 PM   #10
Christopher R. Rice

Default Re: Gaming disasters

I've had a few:

Recently, I lost two members of my face to face gaming group because I didn't think through the implications of a campaign. It sucks, but I've made my peace with it. It could have been worse. I managed to keep one of the new players who gave me a second chance - and I pulled it off. So that's something.

I ended up with a stalker after making a friend on these same forums. They was totally uninterested in joining my gaming group, but rather they wanted to pry me away from my group so we could play. I got screwed online royal (bank account was hacked, online accounts, etc.) and I learned a very valuable - but it was costly. Somehow, it didn't burn or sour me toward online or social media friendships.

My brother ran an AD&D game about 17 years ago that was so horrible that I've never played in a game he's ran since. I won't go into too many of the details, but suffice it to say I rolled FOUR natural 20s in a row to attack a lich that randomly showed up using arrows that could affect it. I did nothing. My girlfriend had similiar rolls with her sword and also did nothing. We quit. My brother wouldn't talk to me for a year after that, but I calmly explained why I wouldn't play in any of his games again after we started talking again. He's still a little miffed by it, but he gets it (I hope).

Those are the ones that stand out.

Latest GURPS Book: Dungeon Fantasy Denizens: Thieves
Latest TFT Book: The Sunken Library

Become a Patron!
Christopher R. Rice is offline   Reply With Quote