Thread: 4e Cyberpunk???
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2009, 02:31 AM   #8
roguebfl
Dog of Lysdexics

Default Re: 4e Cyberpunk???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crakkerjakk
I think the problem with how cyberspace has been implemented in many cyberpunk games is that it's essentially a 1 on 1 dungeon crawl where 1 player and the GM throw dice at each other for extended periods of time, while everyone else might as well go get pizza. My suggestions for cyberspace are to take a look at the computer intrusion rules provided in Transhuman Space: Fifth Wave if you have it, or if not, simplify the crap out of most cyber tasks. Doing a data trawl? A simple Research roll, with bonuses for specifics or access to extensive relevant information archives and penalties for the data being classified, proprietary, embarrassing, or otherwise hard to get. Let hackers LoS hack pretty much everything, but it should take about as many rolls and as much time as shooting. If everything is resolved in the same manner and operates on the same time scale, you don't get the mini-game problem that I've seen so frequently in Shadowrun. And some stuff is just plain unhackable, and can only be accessed by "human engineering," assisted by all of the players.
Personally i never had that problem, to me it no different than having a "rogue" split off from the party and take over the security room and run "over watch" while the rest of the team go after the objective.
roguebfl is offline   Reply With Quote