View Single Post
Old 05-20-2011, 07:58 AM   #29
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (OOC)

Ladies and gentlemen, meet your newest Virtue, Eumolpius AKA "Kane Kineman." I'll leave the stats aside for now, though a full character sheet is available for the curious. Meanwhile, here's the background:

Kane Kineman is an easygoing, good-natured country singer who spends most of his time playing the honky-tonks and county fairs of the Inland Empire. It’s easy to like him, even easier to dismiss him as a threat. And that’s the last thing a lot of demons ever do – a Creation Virtue may be laid-back by his Choir’s standards, but he’s still a Virtue, after all.

First sent to Earth in the 19th century, Eumolpius has a genuine love for the music that he’s seen grow from humble roots. To his mind, it’s a music that brings people together better than any other; the joke about the “American Honky-Tonk Bar Association” has some seeds of truth to it. That may be why the Boss passed him over to David for a while. Stone has appreciated Kane’s level head and patient outlook (“I don’t start many fights, but I finish all of ‘em”), even as it winces at his tendency to reach for the nearest throwable object in a bar battle. Creationers ....

It’s been hard, though, seeing L.A. so thoroughly taken over by the enemy. But always, it seems, he was considered more valuable where he was, part of the bulwark against any attempt by Hell to expand the bridgehead.

Until now.

Maybe it was some curious idea of Eli’s or some deep decision of David’s. Maybe he just happened to be closest when the need arose. But for whatever reason, the country-boy Creationer is being sent into the ultimate urban environment, part of the force meant to take the city back at last. And fish out of water or not, he’s ready.

It’s finally time to pull on the boots. Dust off the knuckles. And get the Hell out of town.

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote