View Single Post
Old 05-19-2011, 07:50 PM   #25
tHEhERETIC

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (OOC)

RocketMan/Andygal--

This is a rough outline of your opening scene. I'd like you to take it, customize it, and post it as part of your character's introduction. This will get you to the location--Ryuki's office--and give you a reason to be there. Your characters will arrive before the more established PC's, and may arrive separately.

It was not like (your Superior) to lie to you. Surely he had his reasons--surely he was lying. The the whole thing just didn't make any sense otherwise.

“(name),” he said. “I have a sensitive mission I need you to complete. We have a new...contractor in San Francisco, one who supposedly can acquire or create unique talismans--even relics. I'd like to put his skills to the test. I want you to go to this address,” he hands you a business card, “and speak to Ryuki. Do not discuss this business with anyone else, and be aware that his father has a similar name. You want the young guy of average height, not the short older man. Tell him we wish to acquire the 'Mighty Squeaky Hammer of Smiting'. For payment, you have this.” (Sup) hands you a scroll, clean and new but done on old-fashioned parchment.

“Bring me back any replies he might have.”

My objectives for the scene:

The 'Mighty Squeaky Hammer' is a MacGuffin in this case, something which your character might figure out, or not. Your Superior's intent is to see whether you can work with the notoriously difficult Ryuki, before putting you on a task force that includes him.
That, and your Superior was consulting with Dominic. Dominic has discovered that the young sorcerer likes playing mind games with angels, and has used this once or twice to test inexperienced servitors on dealing with life on the ground. It has the bonus effect of entertaining Ryuki, who has not yet officially chosen a Superior.
The scroll, which only one of you has, is actually a rejection letter from Dominic. Ryuki asked to serve Judgement but is being rejected, since the old seraph believes lying to protect his cover will be too costly in the long run. One of you has the scroll but might not know what it is--the other has a verbal message from Dominic explaining his reasons. (The lies are onerous, but D would still like to work with him from time to time, through whatever Superior he ends up with.)

Those are the lines--have fun coloring them in.