View Single Post
Old 06-01-2019, 12:02 PM   #22
Daigoro

Default Re: [GAME] Conceive a Cross Dimensional Fantasy Milieu

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Crocodiles don't have canine teeth. They do have some tooth differentiation, but not like a mammal.

I've been looking at photographs of crocodile skull replicas for sale. I've got one with an 890px skull. The longest tooth in the upper jaw on it is 69px, with the second longest measuring 63px. the shortest is 23px.
There's a bit of variation, it seems. This one has two prominent "canines" further down the jaw, while this one has forward and mid-jaw canines.
Quote:
By those numbers the largest teeth are 310 miles high, and the shortest 103 miles.
I actually got a ratio of 10:1 of head-length to large-tooth-size, which would mean 400 miles high, but I pulled it back a touch for sanity's sake. Besides, real crocs were just inspiration, so we can adjust to taste.

Quote:
The earth is pretty smooth, all things considered. Of course, the challenge of Everest is the atmosphere and weather, and I don't think those challenges apply to the teeth, though they will be quite wet, and take a lot of work to ascend.
I imagine there'll be quite a lot of hydrologic weathering, and with that massive scale, tiny features will be huge for humans. So ten mile waterfalls descend down narrow crevasses that form series of terraced ponds two hundred miles up, before dropping as further waterfalls. They'd be very attractive for miners too, given the magical nature of their material. Anyway, we can explore and decide deets properly with questions. I'll drop in a bonus question then:

Question 23 [FRG]- Toothtops
How many teeth are there rimming Calledron, and how tall are they? Are they named? What inhabitants or polities do they have?
And heaps of forum collabs, 30+ and counting!

Last edited by Daigoro; 06-01-2019 at 10:21 PM.
Daigoro is offline   Reply With Quote