View Single Post
Old 02-22-2018, 12:40 PM   #1
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

Default DFRPG War Story Challenge

This is a shout-out to all 1,600 or so folks that backed and received the Dungeon Fantasy RPG.

Why am I shouting? I want your war stories.

As far as I can tell, Sean and SJG did a great job condensing the GURPS rules into "just what's needed for dungeon delving." The fact that various folks each have a slightly different "but I'd have included X" comment speaks to hitting the bulk of the answer.

There are a lot of hidden gems in there. Extra explanatory detail on (for example) how All-Out or Move-and-Attack interact with other combat options.

That's all well and good, but the quality of a game is how it plays on the table, not how it reads.

So I want your stories. Write up session reports. Note cool things that happened. Tell the adoring public what fun was had, and where you're going with the game next time.

If you have a blog, throw it there and contact me at gurpsday@gmail.com and get on the script list to have your stuff summarized. If you don't, contact me or someone whose blog you read and have them host it for you.

But pony up your actual plays. Let's see what's going on in that beautiful black box.
DouglasCole is offline   Reply With Quote