View Single Post
Old 12-02-2017, 11:55 AM   #24
Dave Crowell

Default Re: What to do with INF

On the orange map I tend to use a lot of 2/1 to cover the most ground. Since the Ogre gets no spillover fire and can only shoot at each infantry target once with AP providing lots of targets works to my advantage. Or at least it seems to. Firing on the Ogre I do by single 1/1 squad at treads anyway to maximize my chances of scoring at least some hits.

On the green map I go for 3/1 to guard key points. I can always break them up if needed. 1/1s on their own on the green map aren't usually worth much, unless they are in a city hex that for somereason the enemy must pass through. Then at least they get double fire power and shoot first in the overrun with triple defense for being in city, but how often does that happen? Usually it's stop outside the city, beyond the Infantry's range and shoot them, or else go around.

But the real answer of what to do with INF is send them to me. I love my little squishies and never seem to have enough of them. They are my second favourite unit in the game after Missile Tanks.

And a cheap source of 3/4 inch metal bases is US pennies. Canadian pennies too, but Canada no longer uses them.
Dave Crowell is offline   Reply With Quote