Thread: Blunt Trauma
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2018, 03:10 PM   #3
JazzJedi

Default Re: Blunt Trauma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomsdad View Post
Can I just check, in the case of assault vest with plates combined DR40 / BT8

a 7.62 doing say 24 damage would not penetrate the DR but would do 3 pts of blunt trauma injury?

I'll be honest I think BABT is only really an serious issue when it hits the right places .

I think l'd keep the usual blunt trauma rules, but I would allow blunt trauma to count Cr and if it hit the vitals (and get the extra effects of Cr damage on vitals as per Martial Arts)

For me the problem is that every time some one in that armour gets hit by such a bullet they'll take a 3pt blunt trauma injury

I do agree that the current all or nothing flexible vs. rigid distinction doesn't really work (BABT with plates can be an issue with more powerful rounds)

There was a thread last year discussing some of this that might be worth a look
You are correct with your math, 24 damage vs. BT 8 would do 3 points of blunt trauma. I also agree with you that location does matter for blunt trauma, and limbs are not as susceptible, but the head is even more susceptible! BABT is definitely an issue even with rigid armor, and plate armor too - why do you think maces work so well against plate armor. It's not because of penetration.
JazzJedi is offline   Reply With Quote