View Single Post
Old 01-07-2019, 10:51 AM   #37
evileeyore
Banned

Default Re: [Magic] A Pound Takes Up 2 Cubic FEET?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scc View Post
My point was that taking a S&S job means no time off, how would you feel about taking a job that offered no time off...
If the pay was right, I'd be ifne with it. had one of those once, made the mistake of losing it before I was ready to quit.

Quote:
...and no ability to quit?
Except they can quit, they just can stop working on the item and walk away.

Quote:
I was thinking unless these enchanters where privately wealthy they'd need some form of income in the mean time.
So? There circumstances were their circumstances. They were privately wealth and burned through billions getting done what they 'needed' done. but that's neither here nor there.

Your average Enchanter get paid to enchant. That's his job. He doesn't need to be privately wealthy to do his job.

Quote:
I was thinking more one of the group was killed or injured such that he could no longer contribute.

EDIT: Or whatever they're enchanting is destroyed, or something else that prevents continuing.
I don't see what that has to do with what occurred in my hame. Is that a threat? Yes, a very real one. And it makes S&S enchanting risky, but it's still not a hard limit.

Quote:
For a real job like that it would be MAJOR problem.
And yet people spend years at the same job, day in day out. I'm not about to tell them how to live their lives or demand they get burned out if they don't.
evileeyore is offline   Reply With Quote