Thread: Rocket Boosters
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2017, 11:24 AM   #7
Magesmiley

Default Re: Rocket Boosters

I'm quite glad that I brought this up. Multiple opinions is quite helpful for trying to interpret some of the cloudier parts of the rules. And I'm already rethinking my earlier opinion.

Ammulder's quote from the rules is probably the biggest thing that makes the situation murky. Parody's interpretation of what the intent of that phrase was would make a lot of sense - it is immediately following the example, so it might be referring to that booster specifically. This interpretation would also be the cleanest/simplest implementation for car design too, which is why I think it is probably the best one.

I'd concur with Swordtart about the multi-turn configuration (the description allows the weight to be configured for a booster on a per turn basis).

I guess, to me at least, that suggests that each booster is figured separately for space and DP purposes. Although multi-turn boosters are built as a single item for space and DP purposes.

So, of my examples at the top, the second one (three separate boosters) is the way they'd actually have to be configured according to the rules.

Just my take.

How I'd advise it being implemented in the garage: each booster gets built as a separate component assigned to F/B/T/U side (not sure about the big rigs and jump jets... eewww), with the designer being allowed to configure how many turns it burns for (defaulting to 1) and how much of a boost to apply to each turn (with a checkbox to apply the same each turn, similar to how the wheelguards are implemented).

Watch your handling and remember to Drive Offensively!
Magesmiley is offline   Reply With Quote