View Single Post
Old 04-08-2011, 12:27 PM   #46
Danukian

Default Re: Looking for fantasy/medieval weapon & equipment lists

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Bracken View Post
The element thing will bend science far more than the genetics just because it's more fundamental. You have to create elements before you can make organisms out of elements.

I did catch platinum instead of plutonium but platinum still has to be produced by nucleus and a world that makes more platinum than iron has highly variant laws of physics.

Shifting a couple of genes is trivial by comparison. It still probably shouldn't happen "naturally" but it's small potatoes. As an example (generally speaking), inter breeding 2 different species is TL9 stuff while mass nucleus is TL12 with a ^ on top.

Now, magic is hard but it usually seems to fit into a category of an "extra" set of laws super posed with the regular laws of physics. It doesn't _have_ to completely modify the fundamental laws of physics. Warrant nucleus does.
I am no expert, but the recent geochemical map by India has it very abundant on the moon - and by "world" I mean more of game world than planet - 80% of Earths Platinum comes from Africa, 11% from Russia, but it would have been unkown to Iriquois. Like jade is comparatively common is South/Central America and Asia, but (unless you count connammara, which is actually a type of green marble) an import only item in the UK.