View Single Post
Old 02-18-2019, 10:57 AM   #1
GWJ

Default Several questions about Close Combat

1. If I STARTED my turn in Close Combat with the foe, but I will take step back (out of CC) and THEN I will attack - I'm attacking as in CC, or "normal rules"?

2. If I'm in CC w/t/foe, and this will attack me, and I will do Dodge+RETREAT out of CC. If I understand the rules correctly, I'm defending as if still being in his hex. But what about other foes' attacks on me - CC defenses or any defense?

3. Reverse of #1. We are at certain small distance, and I'm entering Close Combat with him and I'm attacking (fist for example). Does he defend normally, or as in CC (so no blocking and only C range parries)?

4. Does evaded foe's hex also count's as "+1 hex", like an ally?

5. What it means "It takes one Ready maneuver and a successful DX roll to
ditch your shield in close combat."? Does it mean "(...) DX roll to drop your shield - you have free hand and your shield in on your hex"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exploits, p.49
And though the shield
is valuable against hordes
, it’s too cumbersome to respond quickly to
each foe
How? I have the Knight in my group, and shield side attacks (which are often, when there is much foes around) are his Nemesis, because of just 1 shield block per turn. It takes just one goblin etc. to make him very vulnerable against attacks of the horde (I mean one goblin who will manage to get into CC with the Knight, to prevent him from parrying with weapon and blocking with shield). The rest of the horde can just hack&slash that poor guy... What are we missing?
GWJ is offline   Reply With Quote