View Single Post
Old 11-26-2019, 08:24 PM   #3
Refplace

Default Re: [DF] Faerie Dragon racial template

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalin View Post
  • Not sure about reduced HP.
  • The D&D version has "superior invisibility" which basically means it can vanish while concentrating. This seems powerful and expensive, though I'm not sure what the exact point cost would be in GURPS. I might drop this or change it to camouflage or something like that.
  • They can communicate telepathically with their species. This seems like a feature in any campaign that doesn't feature them as a big thing. I may just drop it entirely.
  • Improved Magic Resistance fits the D&D version.
  • They have a euphoria breath weapon that I don't know how to model. It targets something within 5 feet. If the target fails a saving throw, it wanders around, basically stunned for a minute. They have opportunities to snap out of it. The breath weapon "recharges" after a few seconds (1-in-3 chance per second).

Thoughts? Suggestions? I love these kids adding all sorts of new races to the game world!
Fine on the stuff I snipped, my thoughts on the rest...

Reduced HP fits the lower mass but lowers survivability, so maybe not reduced so much because there dragons.
Invisibility with requires Concentrate and Reduced duration maybe?
Racial telepathy could just be telecommunication (Racial, -20%) but more discount if race is rare.
Euphoria Breath weapon sounds like Affliction (Ecstasy) -very effective.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote