View Single Post
Old 06-13-2020, 02:28 PM   #3
Wanderhoof

Default Re: Restarting the Egnines: Which One First?

owenmp,

Thanks for you thoughts and breakdown of the products available.

After looking at the products available, reading through your reply, and pondering it overt a bit, I think I have a roadmap for how I want to approach getting back into car wars:

1) I am going to download and print out the Classic Car Wars rules from the website. That will give me plenty to scrape the rust off with for quite awhile as I re-familiarize with the rules. Also, it will be a good starting point to introduce my son into Car Wars.

2) I will buy the Deluxe Edition and the UACFH so that I have a comprehensive copy of nearly all the rules I could possibly want, need, or use. It's there for when I am ready for it, basically.

3) Maybe once a month or once every other month, I will purchase one or two of the other items to get the feeling of excitement I had getting the Car Wars products when they originally came out. So, Get the 'box set' version of the Car Wars rules, then Crash City, then maybe an ADQ and an UA catalog, then Truck Stop, and so on. This will also allow me to pace out the introduction of more and more rules, while already having the Compendium to make sure I have errata corrections along the way.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I appreciate your input on the matter, and am always open to more input and advice.

Happy dueling! And remember: Drive Offensively!

Last edited by Wanderhoof; 06-14-2020 at 06:17 PM.
Wanderhoof is offline   Reply With Quote