View Single Post
Old 04-30-2014, 10:47 AM   #2
McAllister

Default Re: [RPM] Zombie Powered Armor

I'm quite fond of this idea! Quite, quite fond.

I think the metatrait should include Payload. Otherwise, you could give the armor DR that doesn't protect the wearer, which would be silly.

I don't think you should feel too bad about getting 200 points back from selling IQ down to 0: getting rid of Incurious, Hidebound (although that one is a hilarious pun in context), Low Empathy and No Sense of Humor cost 60 of those points, and I'm sure you can find more advantages it needs. Does it sleep? No? 20 points. Does it age? 15 points. Can it feel fear, or be persuaded? 15 and 15 points. Basic Set p. 81 prices immunity to psionics at 30 points, which is a fair price for immunity to mind-affecting magic. Perhaps Perfect Balance or Hard to Subdue make sense, or just a bonus to HT: you really don't want your armor to get knocked down or stunned, because then you're just dragging it around. Soon enough, you're back at your original price point and your armor is that much less likely to get dragged into confusing rules questions like "what if my armor gets scared".

Now, for my own use, I'm wondering what you could do with Path of Body. Greater Create Body can create a mindless body... Greater Control Body can allow me to move that body... this could be glorious.
McAllister is offline   Reply With Quote