View Single Post
Old 04-16-2019, 02:31 PM   #359
swordtart

Default Re: The Unoffial 2056 Vehicle Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by juris View Post
If you're going to upgrade the Popper:
Whilst I don't question the improvement offered by the redesign, I wouldn't call it a Popper. Unless you are using the same plant, weapon systems and crew it is a different design in my book. Adding HTM, overdrive etc. is OK, I'd even accept PC or SC upgrades, but a different plant is a bridge too far. I would definitely allow changes to ammunition or tires (as these are consumable items). Alternate armour is also OK as in time you could easily have a redistribution purely as a result of damage sustained.

The original question I posed myself was whether any of the cheaper stock bikes were at all credible designs (and the arbitrary test was to fight them against an equivalent value of 4 wheeled stock vehicle). I chose the Popper and Flamenco pretty much at random and it was clear the Popper didn't cut it in its original configuration in any scenario I could think of as it didn't seem to have a clear design vision.

I don't think we can blame the poor relative performance on the Flamenco being a case hardened death machine, it is mediocre at most. Of course I didn't frame the fight as a bandit Flamenco chasing down a trio of Poppers, but I don't think it would have made the Popper look any less inadequate.

I'll have a rummage through the book and see if I can find a bike that is a more credible threat and once I have a winner I'll compare that against the best car I can find and see if it leads to any conclusion.
swordtart is offline   Reply With Quote