Old 02-28-2020, 06:59 PM   #594
Christopher R. Rice

Default Re: [RPM] Post your rituals here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajardoor View Post
Help me out here, RPM-euthasists.
Tell me how to model this ritual?

Pause Doom
(Probably Destroy Crossroads and Strengthen Body?)
This ritual suspends deleterious effects of advancing time - afflictions, starvation, exhaustion, mortal wounds, bleeding, disease, poison, toxin, etc. - upon the subject. It does not cancel or undo an affliction, but it does grant them a reprieve. Supernatural effects, such as curses with a countdown, are resisted by this ritual. The subject cannot suffer new effects, or age naturally, or need to eat and sleep while protected by this spell. It has no effect on new or old crippling or permanent injuries - the subject may still die, too. The main drawback is the subject protected by the spell cannot regain FP, heal naturally, refill their mana reserve or even spend Character Points for the duration. (If the subject has used any game-time-restricted ability, this spell also suspends the "cooldown" between uses.)
This seems like a variation of the Temporal Stasis enhancement from GURPS Powers. I'd probably use that with the caveat that it stops what you've listed, but not the subject of the spell. Perhaps add Selective Effect on top of it. Anyway, it should be expensive to do something like this.

Latest GURPS Book: Dungeon Fantasy Denizens: Thieves
Latest TFT Book: The Sunken Library

Become a Patron!
Christopher R. Rice is offline   Reply With Quote