View Single Post
Old 12-25-2018, 11:31 AM   #12
Gardensnake

Default Re: White Wolf is out of the game

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericbsmith View Post
Remember that we are in a whole different era now than we were 20 years ago. 20 years ago you might fire off a letter to the editor. Some people were online, but the online communities were far more fragmented and disconnected from the mainstream. Today the social networks are so large and interconnected that controversy spreads like wildfire. We also seem to be in an era where some people act as if their job is to be professionally offended; in fact, some of them are bloggers, vloggers, youtubers, etc that actually do thrive off of stirring these controversies. I do wonder how well the White Wolf of the 90's would navigate the social media of the 2010's.
Excellent points Eric. I do think that old White Wolf would have had a much more difficult time had they had to dealt with the social media of today. I do think however that they still would do better than the current White Wolf is doing. I just think the current guys are trying too hard. I don't think that they're bad people, just that they lack experience doing what they do.

William
Gardensnake is offline   Reply With Quote