View Single Post
Old 02-24-2016, 02:00 PM   #8
Otaku

Default Re: Knowing Your Own Strength - Tank Smasher

Another who hasn't read the article (yeah, still a bum >.>), if Bruno's calculations are correct, this does seem like a major disconnect... but then again I don't know how something a bit more realistic compares. Yes, the "r-word": when dealing with fantastic elements it can seem a bit silly, but I am curious if at the lower levels this actually does match what a person with approximately ST X would be like for damage versus lifting capacity.

Also... what is throwing like under these rules? I don't need details (I should have to get the article for that and even I know it XD); rather I am just wondering if with such phenomenal lifting capacity, the correct option for dealing with tanks (when not worried about Rule of Cool) is to just pick them up and chuck them far, far away?
My GURPS Fourth Edition library consists of Basic Set: Characters, Basic Set: Campaigns, Martial Arts, Powers, Powers: Enhanced Senses, Power-Ups 1: Imbuements, Power-Ups 2: Perks, Power-Ups 3: Talents, Power-Ups 4: Enhancements, Power-Ups 6: Quirks, Power-Ups 8: Limitations, Powers, Social Engineering, Supers, Template Toolkit 1: Characters, Template Toolkit 2: Races, one issue of Pyramid (3/83) a.k.a. Alternate GURPS IV, GURPS Classic Rogues, and GURPS Classic Warriors. Most of which was provided through the generosity of others. Thanks! :)
Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote