Thread: Kickstarter!
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2018, 09:13 AM   #35
GlennDoren

Default Re: Kickstarter!

Before it was clear there would be minimal changes, I had the idea of having a "Classic TFT" edition included in the kickstarter as a stretch goal. That would allow long-time TFT'ers (Trippers? Ugh...) to have a clean PDF version of the "Original Edition" (of course, sadly, the old art would not be included in such an edition for copyright reasons).

I definitely would love some "historical" perspective included in this edition for those of us who love reading about "behind the scenes" and "back in the day". The "Designers & Dragons" series is a good example, and a great read.

With that said... I do hope the game isn't marketed as a "museum/historical piece" as opposed to a legit system for modern players. Going too far in the "retro/old school" direction could backfire and make it seem like a "blast from the past" museum piece instead of an elegant legit system. Presumably one goal is also to encourage new adventures and content by bringing new players/designers into the fold :)

I totally understand the need to "test the waters" with the kickstarter... but hopefully it is balanced with a desire to give it the full treatment and best chance to succeed. I wonder if some of those decisions can be informed by the kickstarter itself via supporter feedback(?)

Thanks, as always!

Last edited by GlennDoren; 06-17-2018 at 09:20 AM.
GlennDoren is offline   Reply With Quote