View Single Post
Old 06-09-2014, 08:48 PM   #2
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Default Re: Munchkin Rule Clarifications

As a general rule, we would prefer that people ask unrelated questions in separate threads to make it easier for other folks to find the answers when they search. And don't apologize for asking questions -- that's what Munchkin 101 is for!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcuchick View Post
1) Can the elf reach the winning level by helping kill another monster?
Yes.

Quote:
2) When you get cursed to lose one small item, does it have to be an item you're equipped with or can it be an item you have turned to the side you're not using or in your hand?
It cannot be a card from your hand -- those can't be targeted unless something specifically includes them. It can be a small Item that's turned sideways. It can also be a one-shot Item you have in play but haven't used yet, which can be turned sideways but doesn't have to be.

Quote:
3) If you use a super munchkin card with just one class does the "no disadvantages" rule only apply to fighting monsters? For example, if I'm a "super thief" can I use the singing and dancing sword?
Yes.

Quote:
4) Can you change what item your heirling is carrying?
Yes.

Quote:
5) Can a thief steal the really impressive title?
No. It's not an Item because it doesn't have a printed value, not even "No Value" (which is the same as zero Gold Pieces).

Quote:
6) Do you get the bonuses of heirlings? Example, if I have a thief heirling can I steal?
You can do exactly what the specific Hireling card says, and nothing more.

Quote:
7) Can you cary, but not use an unlimited number of items? (the items you have turned sideways on the table) Example, we've had cases where one person had over ten items turned sideways and not in play on the table
As long as the player is following the rules for Big items (only one on the table at a time unless you use Cheat! or a Hireling, or are a Dwarf), there is no limit to the unequipped Items you can have in play.

Quote:
8) I know a thief can only attempt to steal one item once, but can he continue to attempt to steal other items from the same victim?
Actually, a Thief isn't required to name the target of his theft until after he rolls successfully, so he could theoretically keep trying to steal the same card until he succeeded or ran out of cards to discard to power the attempt.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote