View Single Post
Old 10-14-2019, 12:25 AM   #11
Refplace

Default Re: Spiritual Creatures [Fantasy/Horror/Powers]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
So, I don't get the example from the book (powers). If I buy vibration sense, world spanning +50%... it means I can use vibration sense, but it only works to feel stuff in other dimensions, except mine... right? Then it means it loses its original purpose unless I pay +100%???

What if I want to sense my dimension and a single "other dimension"?
Yep, you read it right. I think it works best for Clairsentience but it can be applied to other things and I dont see a problem with Vibration Sense.
So the +50% version means that you can use your normal senses in your own plane but you have a special sense that can spot things in another plane. Good way to have a sorcerer or druid type that can sense when spirits get close but a perhaps a tingly feeling rather than seeing them.
But the +100% version lets you use it to sense both. But you might run into the -4 Per penalty if obstacles are different as you have to focus on one at a time to avoid walking into things.
I'd say you need Compartmentalized Mind to observe multiple worlds at the same time without being confused.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote