View Single Post
Old 07-12-2016, 05:41 AM   #10
RogerBW

Default Re: [Spaceships] Please look over my ship designs

(Many updates.)

Having a full-size nanofactory gives +1 HT - that's why the County did. But armour is probably more useful, in the end.

Dymka: as I see it, the power plants are rigged for a quick startup when it's detected and has to close to engage.

I've added cargo hold space, though I assume that hangar bays are generally not full and will have extra stores stowed in them at the start of a cruise.

I see nothing in the rules to suggest that missile launchers aren't fixed/turret/spinal just like beam launchers.

Suggesting that the Prizrak should give up some of its firepower in favour of survivability is to misread the priorities of the Novaya Europan naval architects.

The shuttle is a generic one: it can land vertically in vacuum if it needs to. Worlds with their own aerospace manufacturing capabilities, or simply enough money to buy custom-made craft, will certainly have ones that are tailored to their particular environments.

(Yes, there's some radiation, but it's mostly gammas; it doesn't leave you with neutron-enriched air like the fission air-ram.)
RogerBW is online now   Reply With Quote