View Single Post
Old 08-28-2015, 12:49 PM   #10
Ternas

Default Re: How much damage would a bat do if you needed 20 strength to lift it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaz0nj4ckal View Post
This is pretty cool; however, what is LTC2?
As the others have said, Low Tech Companion 2. Sorry still sorta a greenhorn on the forums and haven't memorized all the abbreviations so I use the ones that I've used in the games I've been in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply Nathan View Post
And the thread title specifies a bat that needs ST 20 to lift. Now I want to see the ST needed to wield a monster like that and the damage it would do!

That's like 800 lbs, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by whswhs View Post
One-handed lift, 2xBL is 160 lbs. Two-handed lift, 8xBL is 640 lbs.
So, I was merely going with the original question in the opening post about stats for a bat that would take ST 20 to wield. But for something that requires at least ST 20 to budge, I'm gonna crank that monster up to SM+6 on my spreadsheet and go say holy heck in a handbasket.

Code:
Weapon	      Damage	Reach	Parry	Cost	Weight   ST
Baseball Bat   SW+10	 5	  0   $2,000	 200lbs	 80
Right, fairly certain that with this you might be bunting the quarterbacks "accidentally"(Please note, I have the quirk Incompetent (Sports)[-1]) for 3d+11 Cr damage. But considering that even at this point, you'd have a BL of 80lbs with ST20, you'll be into medium encumbrance just dragging this around like a caveman and I don't even want to start on how many levels of Huge Hands you'd need to even start hefting it, let alone the penalties for not enough ST to swing.
Ternas is offline   Reply With Quote