Thread: Twins
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2010, 08:05 AM   #15
Gamer234

Default Re: Twins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Hackard View Post
So, for now, I'm going to make this official (subject to change later): if you have already played Doppleganger, or used the Gnome's Illusion power, or activated any other ability that requires you to be alone in the combat, you may still ask for help if the situation changes, but the Doppleganger/Illusion/whatever fizzles at that point, and you don't get those cards back, either.
If a Gnome fighting alone illusions in a creature for the bonus, and then discards his gnome card (by choice or by force), does the bonus remain? My assumption is yes--similar to warriors and clerics who keep the bonuses they receive from triggering their ability even if they lose their class after.

Following that assumption (traditionally shaky ground), once the Gnome has activated the class ability, the conditions of the ability have been met. It doesn't say you can't ask for help after. It doesn't say lose the bonus if you are later joined by another. To me, the only 2 aspects of the Gnome's restriction are: 1) You can only do it once per combat, and 2) You have to be alone *at the time* you do it.

Hmmm.