View Single Post
Old 04-24-2019, 04:04 PM   #26
andreww

Default Re: TFT Helper - beta test of app

I'm glad people are having fun, it should get to be more fun. I've fixed about half of the notes, but only made a little progress on the font sizes. There should be a new version by the end of the day.

Remember that if you end up stuck in combat with no buttons I am very concerned about that. First, try to drag up and see if the buttons to continue the fight are down below. It's supposed to scroll to the bottom, I thought I fixed all the spots where that didn't work. The bug might still be there. Please let me know:

1: What happened right before the dead end? What were the last two announcements?

2: Were the buttons down below or not?

When I play TFT I I add one logical addition to the rules on changing options on page 102: you cannot already have benefitted from the option you are switching away from. EG you select Dodge and move one hex: you have not moved too far to cast a spell, but you cannot switch to Cast/Disbelive/Missile Attack because up until that moment you were benefitting form the Dodge option. Either someone shot at you and had to roll an extra die OR they chose not to shoot at you because you were dodging. Otherwise, would you always declare the Defend option and then change it when your turn came up?

By my reckoning you select the Dodge option before movement, and since you benefit from it immediately I don't think you can change it, even if you don't get shot at. If no one could have shot at you and there was no point to taking the Defend option either you shouldn't have selected it or perhaps you couldn't know that they couldn't shoot at you. Same difference. Once you declare Dodge or Defend I don't think you should be able to switch.

Whatever Steve says, of course, will decide how the app goes.

Meanwhile, there are currently plenty of issues with the turn sequence. There will be a big re-write tomorrow AM that will either fix them all and allow two weapon parries and we'll all live happily ever after or combat will be truly broken and that's what I'll be doing all day and night. For now post anything you observe about combat, and let's see if I can nail it tomorrow AM.

Reporting bugs on the forum just sort of happened. I am getting bug reported by iOS users through the TestFlight avenue as well. I am open to using another forum, but I don't want to spend time setting that up. If everyone loves the same idea and we can jump over without any set up that's possible.

"Adaptive Design" is obviously a phrase that's keeping me awake at night at the moment. It should be happening now, but tablet users know it's not. Soon.
andreww is offline   Reply With Quote