View Single Post
Old 01-17-2018, 10:51 AM   #17
Chris Goodwin

Default Re: Fantasy Trip Illusions

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLV View Post
To my mind the best rule for what talents an illusion of a real person has is what the person the illusion is based on actually has, talents-wise -- mostly, however, that illusion's going to be a standard, central-casting issued Myrmidon with whatever equipment I give him and whatever talents are necessary to use it. I can't control what people "believe" but I can get my teeth into what actually IS. More importantly, if recent history has taught us nothing else, some people will believe anything, and others will believe nothing at all. It's hard to run a game that way...
My point was that, if your career path into fighting was as a member of a military force trained in a rich country, you might be taught how to deal with exotic things like chemical warfare or magic. If you started out by picking up a weapon and surviving, you wouldn't have that.

Also, how does either the well trained grunt or the thug with a weapon know that some wizard hasn't researched and created a Summon Doppelganger spell? If I were a GM, I might throw one of those in, just so that the PC doesn't know whether or not that's what happened.

I've started a subreddit for discussion of INWO and Illuminati. Check it out!
Chris Goodwin is offline   Reply With Quote