View Single Post
Old 03-26-2019, 08:26 AM   #32
Rasputin

Default Re: A list of all the DF monsters in Pyramid and elsewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
The CER rating? I have a large number of CERs already calculated, I'd love if more were crowdsourced. This is more DF than DFRPG, though.
Revisiting this … I have a bunch calculated now:
  • Most Pyramid monsters, though I may have a couple missing.
  • Those monsters in regular Dungeon Fantasy supplements that have only a few monsters.
  • All four of the Dungeon Fantasy Monsters series, though I’ve only done the dragon breath weapons that appeared in Tomb of the Dragon King.
  • Both Mirror of the Fire Demon and Tomb of the Dragon King. I’ll have Pagoda of Worlds done tonight.

Hall of Judgment will take a bit because it’s a lot of monsters, but they’re mostly straightforward. The ones that are exotic familiars in Allies are likewise, though not as many. Same story with Campaigns.

Last and worst will be Summoners. I’m trying to get the lenses (though ignoring leaders since you generally don’t use those separately), and there’s loads here. The worst is the Standard Demon. The intent with it is to either use a single 50-point lens (no problem) or two 25-point lenses (there are eight, which means 56 possible combinations). I don’t know what I’m going to do here. It’s pretty easy to figure how much each lens adds to CER, however.

An area for expansion is Icky Goo. Emily’s list (heh) doesn’t bother with some of the pick-two-options versions, but some of those are not that many options when you get down to it.

I’ll want someone to proof these. I’m not sure how to handle damage from monsters that worry after an attack. I’ve been treating those as cyclical, which leads to really high values.

My GURPS blog.
Rasputin is offline   Reply With Quote