View Single Post
Old 01-20-2019, 10:56 PM   #96
Skarg

Default Re: New use for XP - Heroic Exploits

Quote:
Originally Posted by TippetsTX View Post
Perhaps, though I prefer to think of it as minor correction since it seems like the default ITL version of the Wizard's Guild inevitably leads to hcobb's interpretation of a powerful omnipresent organization that practically runs the game world.
I don't want a super-powered Wizards' Guild either, but (probably not what you meant, but) I don't think the guild having a desire for all wizards to be in the guild (and so not wanting Staff to be a barrier to entry) would inevitably lead to that. Our assumptions were the WG may want to have as many wizards belong to them as possible, but WG factions and national and other divides and non-complying wizards and general chaos and independent-mindedness meant W Guilds were powerful but fractured and certainly not omnipresent nor offering anywhere near most of the level of operations hcobb tends to write about.

Quote:
Except now (and maybe this is just me) it feels like there is less of a choice for wizards. The Staff spells as presented in the Legacy edition feel like a 'must have' option and I dislike that kind of character path railroading. Like you say, wizards should have a variety of viable build options.
I agree.

Quote:
BTW, I have a few more wizard-centric portfolios that I am working on to help reinforce this idea that there are many paths to power.
Super.

Quote:
I'd love to see those once they are fleshed out.
Will share when ready. But I have too much work, too many games, too much other, too perfectionist, etc.
Skarg is offline   Reply With Quote