View Single Post
Old 12-27-2017, 07:29 PM   #1
gibberingmouther

Default ultra tech beam weapons versus modern weapons

ki blasts as i have implemented them at a high level are clearly superior to modern weapons, besides missiles and nukes. this is because you can sustain a blast at a target and burn through armor - so a high level ki blast can take out a tank or aircraft, and much weaker ones can take out individual fleshy targets.

i divided ki powers into 7 tiers ... by tier 3 (the fourth tier, as there is a tier 0), a ki powered character might have flight. aliens from ki powered races/forces usually start out at tier 3 ki powers, and it is hard to advance beyond that for most mooks. i took from DB the idea of mook aliens flying around with lasers attached to their arms, because they're too weak to use ki blasts.

the problem is that this force of mook aliens seems to be inferior to a modern military force, even though the aliens have ultra-tech. the aliens have more mobility, but you can't use a laser rifle to destroy a tank.

the fact that there might be some higher tier aliens in the group doesn't help matters, as you need to be a very high tier to destroy a single tank, and you can only probably do that a couple times before needing to recharge.

so my question is, how should my tier 3 aliens be equipped so that their combined flight and futuristic weaponry is superior to a modern military force?

i guess this question partially falls into the idea domain of futurism. i just had the thought of Halo aliens with plasma weapons ... hmmm .... flight rather than an advantage almost seems like a vulnerability unless you're using it to throw explosives over an area. so the tactics + weapons the aliens would use is the question. what do you guys think?
gibberingmouther is offline   Reply With Quote