Gold & Appel Inc

Default Re: Banestorm 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitel View Post
Hello
Hey.

Quote:
Next year GURPS Banestorm is 10 years old. Meaning another 10 years passed on Yrth. Is SJG planning on publishing an update of Yrthian current events and recent history?
Probably not.

Quote:
I sometimes use Banestorm in conventions and meetups (it is a great setting) and its getting really old saying it is the year of Our Lord 2005, especially with younger players. Of course, I could make something up, but I'd rather have some "official" Information.
Agreed.

Quote:
Thank you for any information you can give me
I've got nothing official, but generally-speaking, I don't expect a lot of official support for this setting. A lot of avowed GURPS fans don't like it for various reasons (though for the record, I do, and the ones who do like it tend to really like it, including the longest-running local GURPS group that I know, which has been playing the same Banestorm campaign since before it was called Banestorm), and it's easy enough to make up 10 more years of history if you want to. That said, what's the problem with setting a game in local 2005? A lot of games take place in various historical settings much-farther removed from the present than that. Or you could just bump events up by a decade, if the numbers mean that much to you.
Gold & Appel Inc is offline   Reply With Quote