View Single Post
Old 07-25-2017, 08:13 AM   #18
Piratecat

Default Re: Some help with Timewatch's Free RPG day Font of Knowledge

Lovely feedback, and thank you. It was playtested several times, but I think it benefits from expansion to a longer word count. You identified some things I now want to go into more detail on.

What was the Stitch economy in your game like, out of curiosity? The intended feel is that General points go up and down, and are restored by Stitches as players do cool stuff; and that Investigative spends don't return, but that's fine because they're more powerful. Also, don't forget that you can always turn an Investigative point into 3 General points -- so for instance I could spend a point of Military Tactics to get 3 points of Scuffling in a pinch, or a point of History to get 3 Preparedness points (as I know where to find something I need.) It's meant to be flexible.

Forging a bible is a neat thing to do, and isn't involved with acquiring a clue -- so charging a Forgery point for it is exactly correct.

Interesting side note: the reason that briefings exist, and the reason that every mission starts with a firm "go here," is that clue gathering in time travel can lead to analysis paralysis. In playtests, missions where the PCs got to decide where to start were harder on players (who sometimes took a while to reach consensus) and brutal for GMs (who didn't know what to prep.) With a briefing officer saying "hey, start here," you have a common spot to start from.

Last edited by Piratecat; 07-25-2017 at 08:20 AM.
Piratecat is offline   Reply With Quote