View Single Post
Old 08-10-2018, 08:17 AM   #25
Nils_Lindeberg

Default Re: Phasing for falling down/standing up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarg View Post

It seems easy enough to you and me, though I wonder (?) if others might dislike the "complexity"?

It isn't just a matter of remembering who knocked you down, as DX adjustments can throw that off. It's more like, it was either during Movement, or at adjDX 11 or 13... again, I can handle that easily, but there's a line somewhere where some players start saying rules are too complex (which often surprises me where that point is).
All other versions will let faster or slower or the enemy that knocked you down get either zero attacks or two attacks. No other system guarantees one attack for all. Usually not an actual problem when playing. In many games you have spells and effects with duration 1 turn and they last until that initiative count comes up again and disappears right after.

But if I wanted a simple system: I would go with the same rule for both -3 DX and Knock Down. It last until the end of the next turn. But then all effects should last to the end of the turn, spells that are not payed for included. A sort of mop up phase.
Nils_Lindeberg is offline   Reply With Quote