Thread: Magical Perks
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 12:27 PM   #1
Gudiomen

Default Magical Perks

I've finaly decided to build my advantage-based magical system, I won't be trying to reproduce the spell system because a) that's very complicated and sometimes impossible and b) doesn't fully explore the possibilities of advantage based magic.

One of the things I decided, for flavor, was to include small magical perks to initated and trained mages. These would be very basic effects that they could produce without a thought or effort if there is even the slightest shred of mana. For example

Candle Finger [1]: fire mages can produce a small flame, the equivalent of a candle burning, it's to weak to cause damage, but can provide minimal light and set flame to flammable material if held on the target for long enough. It'll cause a point of burning damage if held unnoposed for an entire second on the same spot.

This is essentially the perk of having a magical and invisible lighter with you, so you can allways light torches, candles, slowly burn ropes, provide light in pitch black darnkess, etc...

I'd like to make a bunch of these for different colleges (wich will be more or less the same colleges from Magic). They don't have to come from perks, but their value must be 1 point. Such as a single level of temperature tolerance, or limited fire DR. That's 3 examples for Fire, but I'd like lots more ideas, for different colleges, and we have lots of creative people here. Help me out?

Last edited by Gudiomen; 11-15-2007 at 12:35 PM.
Gudiomen is offline   Reply With Quote