View Single Post
Old 09-02-2015, 11:27 PM   #6
Trixbat

Default Re: How did Marc Miller et al Play Traveller?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Cameron View Post
If you bother read that Space Gamer article closely enough, you'll have your answers.
Hi Bill. I have read that article a number of times; it is why I mentioned it. Why would you suggest I didn't bother to read it carefully?

I'm sure your summary is valuable for those who don't have Space Gamer 40 (which is available from Warehouse 23, if anyone else wants to read it - it's definitely a useful insight as Bill says. There's also a nice article on Jack Vance's Planet of Adventure setting.).

It is, however, just one session, and Leviathan was unusual in being an"out of house" project that originated with its UK partners. (Mind you, I was rather interested, as Leviathan is something I ran myself.)

It does give a good sense of how Marc ran games - and that's definitely work reading. It gives very little sense, however, about what sort of campaign (if any) was run when not using a pre-generated adventure.

It also mentions other referees; whether they use same style or not is certainly not clear. I certainly agree it's a valuable insight - in fact, it's an article that I think should be a lot more widely distributed (it would have been nice to see something like that in, say, T5). I'd certainly like to see more.
Trixbat is offline   Reply With Quote