View Single Post
Old 03-31-2012, 06:38 AM   #10
Peter V. Dell'Orto
Fightin' Round the World

Default Re: [DF 1-3] Critique Five Pre-Gen Mass-Murdering Burglar Hobos

I'd ditch Berserk. It's a death sentence if he's not massively armored (and with SM+1 that'll be expensive and heavy) and easy to heal (SM+1 doubles the cost to heal him).

I'd also, since he's a one-weapon weapon master, focus more on his sword. My player Mike made his Weapon Master (Greatsword) knight up with option 1 (for Two-Handed Sword-20) and followed the note on Shield that let him ditch it for another +1 to Two-Handed Sword. He got ST 17, as well, so he had Two-Handed Sword-21, does 3d+8 cut or 1d+7 impale with his greatsword (he trading his quirk points for cash to get a good sword and some plate), has a Parry of 14 to start (and multiple parries at -2 with Basic Set, -1 if you use Martial Arts's rules which we do). Even a Swashbuckler can't start with as high of a weapon skill unless he spends Quirk points on it.

(Just as an aside, he also took HP 20 to start for the doubling of healing effects, so he's extremely easy to keep in fighting trim.)

I don't see all that much point in learning multiple weapon skills when they aren't covered by Weapon Master. Even as backup, it's more useful to just carry more of your main weapon (took Weapon Master Greatsword? Get a wooden one made, or carry a spare cheap one at 40% cost, and lanyard the main one on you).
My S&C Blog
My Dungeon Fantasy Game Blog
"You fall onto five death checks." - Andy Dokachev
Peter V. Dell'Orto is offline   Reply With Quote